From La Romana > Hispaniola Island TourLa Romana, Dominican Republic
Discover our Hispaniola Island and learn how the Dominicans have become the best baseball players in the world. Visit “La Matilde” Cigar Museum, where you learn the history of Dominican cigar, and see the way they are made, by hand. Visit the famous artist village of Altos de Chavon where you can appreciate the Taino exhibit at the Regional Archeological Museum, also an excellent opportunity for shopping. Enjoy an incredible lobster lunch on a riverboat along the famous Chavon River, surrounded by breathtaking landscapes.
Children Rate: US$ 60/child (3-12), Free (0-2)
Duration: 9 Hours
- Tour La Flor Dominicana, and examine the proud handwork of the cigar industry’s most experienced craftsmen.
- Stop at Altos de Chavón, a Mediterranean-style artisan village reenacting what once was the bohemian way of life in the 16th Century. Delight in the amazing landscapes and vistas which come to life before your eyes.
- Attend a multitudinous replica of a Roman-era amphitheater, visit Altos de Chavón amphitheater.
- Aboard a riverboat, feast your eyes on stunning landscape and architectural elements, as you embark on a journey across the imposing Chavón River as you devour a succulent grilled lobster lunch.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Official guide
- Lunch: grilled Caribbean lobster, rice, vegetable, seafood salad, bread or grilled chicken breast, rice, vegetables and cassavas croquettes.
- One glass of wine (red, white or rosé).
- A cup of coffee.
- Water, soft drinks, beer and rum.
What to Bring
- Extra money for tips and souvenirs.
- Comfortable clothes.
- Pregnant women cannot take part in this tour.
- People with disability and/or mobility problems cannot take part in this tour.
- Direct bookings from cruise line passengers are not accepted. Please book our tours with your cruise line.
Our concierge services provide conscientious, competent, and diligent services for all of our guests that include referrals to other businesses and professionals. Those other businesses and professionals are referred on the basis of their high reputation and are expected to provide quality service. However, Caribbean Paradise Homes is not, and cannot be, liable or responsible for any unsatisfactory services provided by any company, agency, business, services, individual, or professional referred by our concierge services. Although Caribbean Paradise Homes may suggest or refer a particular business or professional to a guest, it is The Guest sole responsibility to determine if that business or professional is satisfactory for The Guest needs or purposes.