From La Romana > MonkeyLand TourLa Romana, Dominican Republic
We begin the tour with a visit to the coconut house or “Casa del Coco” to learn how coconut oil is produced and to taste fresh organic products. There you will have the opportunity to try roasted coffee, cacao and mamajuana.
The next 45 minutes are spent in a guided tour where you will interact in close proximity to our beautiful and friendly squirrel monkeys. These charming and intelligent monkeys have been raised by a Canadian couple with more than 35 years of experience working with animals, including 12 years at the Toronto Zoo teaching monkeys to trust and enjoy the company of humans.
This tour is based on 5 acres of jungle that monkeys have made their home. The monkeys are completely accustomed to human contact. They come down from the trees to sit on your shoulder and eat from your hands. Watch as mothers with babies on their backs jump and climb. They also love to pose for the cameras, especially for selfies!
Children Rate: US$ 50/child (3-12), Free (0-2)
Duration: 5 Hours
- Interact in close proximity with our beautiful squirrel monkeys.
- Watch the monkeys in a natural environment which offers spectacular mountain views.
- Stroll through the colorful botanical garden and identify medicinal plants, flowers and fruit trees.
- Visit “La Casa del Coco” and see how locals make coconut oil.
- Entrance to Monkeyland
- Coffee and chocolate tasting.
- Transportation by safari truck.
What to Bring
- Extra money for tips and souvenirs.
- Comfortable clothes.
- Pregnant women cannot take part in this tour.
- PLEASE DO NOT use sunscreen or bug repellent as they are harmful to monkeys.
- People with a cold or infections of the upper airways cannot participate in this tour.
- People with severe peanut allergies cannot participate in this tour.
- Not recommended for people with back problems, disability and/or mobility
problems or epilepsy.
Our concierge services provide conscientious, competent, and diligent services for all of our guests that include referrals to other businesses and professionals. Those other businesses and professionals are referred on the basis of their high reputation and are expected to provide quality service. However, Caribbean Paradise Homes is not, and cannot be, liable or responsible for any unsatisfactory services provided by any company, agency, business, services, individual, or professional referred by our concierge services. Although Caribbean Paradise Homes may suggest or refer a particular business or professional to a guest, it is The Guest sole responsibility to determine if that business or professional is satisfactory for The Guest needs or purposes.